V💙TE + RBG🕯FUNDRAISER
An entire season has passed between now and the last time I posted about one of these watercolor study/fundraising notes. BTW - an overdue + big !!!THANK YOU!!!! for the response to that initiative. You guys donated nearly $10,000 to ACLU, Black Voters Matter, and Color of Change. THANK YOU.
Early June and late September are bookends to so much, and these last weeks in particular have felt unrelenting.
I’ve jumped back into making more watercolor studies. These latest ones are part of a series I’m entitling And How Do You Cope? Each study focuses on flowers picked from my yard and arranged in an improvised vessel made from common salves of the times: a bottle or jar of something from the bar cart, a coffee mug, an anti-anxiety med container, a cbd botanical soda can, a tin of decaf tea, a pint of jeni’s…..
These watercolors will be available through November 3rd via a $100+ donation to any of the following organizations:
“The ACLU dares to create a more perfect union — beyond one person, party, or side. Our mission is to realize this promise of the United States Constitution for all and expand the reach of its guarantees.”
“Few individuals have had such a dramatic and lasting effect on a particular area of law as Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who directed the work of the ACLU Women’s Rights Project from its founding in 1972 until her appointment to the federal bench in 1980…She leaves a country changed because of her life’s work.”
“BALANCE THE VOICE OF POWER.
Our vision is a government that reflects the people it serves, and decision makers who genuinely and enthusiastically fight for greater opportunity and better lives for the Americans they represent.”
“We promote fair elections in Georgia and around the country, encourage voter participation in elections, and educate voters about elections and their voting rights. Fair Fight brings awareness to the public on election reform, advocates for election reform at all levels, and engages in other voter education programs and communications.”
Vote Save America
“BE A VOTER. SAVE AMERICA. Your one stop shop to get out the vote.”
HOW IT WORKS:
1. donate $100+ to any of the above organizations from now (Sept. 29) through November 3, 2020
2. forward a screenshot/photo of your donation receipt + your mailing address to me
via instagram DM or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. i’ll mail you an original watercolor study from the ongoing And How Do You Cope? series
• each work on cotton watercolor paper, appx. 6”x8” to 5.5”x9” is a signed original study.
• selections will be at random.
• if you’d like a choice that reflects a particular genre of coping - e.g. a pint of jeni’s or a jar of cherries for an old fashioned, please include a note with the photo of your donation receipt, and i’ll do my best to accommodate. first come, first served. domestic shipping via USPS priority mail included.